Click here for a list of Blackboard Mobile Learn features by device.
The following features are some of those available on Blackboard Mobile Learn 3.1 released in September 2012:
PLEASE NOTE: Features marked with a (*) are only available if your school has our most updated software on its server. Some schools (with older LMS versions) will not be supporting these features, even though you have downloaded the newest version of the app.
• Receive push notifications of course activity**
• Take mobile-compatible tests**
• Upload files with Dropbox
• View grades
• Access documents in multiple formats
• Save files to other apps for offline viewing
• View and post in discussion forums
• Comment on blogs and journals
• See the course roster
• Filter and favorite courses
• Upload media as attachments to discussion boards and blogs*
• Post announcements (instructors)
• Create content items within the course map* (instructors)
• You can now enjoy a beautiful and crisp high-resolution retina interface on your new iPad!
(*For schools using Blackboard Learn 8.0+)
(**For schools using Blackboard Learn 9.1+ who have installed the recently released Mobile software. If your school hasn't installed this new software, you will unfortunately not be able to receive Push Notifications. Don't sweat-- as soon as your school installs the software, you'll be prompted to register for Push Notifications the next time you login to Mobile Learn.)
Instructors: You can create new Announcements and Content from within the app. However, please note that Mobile Learn does not yet support full Grade Center functionality - we are working on building Grading into the app, but for now you will need to use the Blackboard Learn website to manage grades.
If you need anymore help with this issue, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.